The KUCCPS board met on 17th Feb. 2020 and deliberated on cut-off points for 2019 K.C.S.E candidates. The board announced that all candidates who scored mean grade of C+ and above will join kenyan universities on government sponsorships. The universities have 193,000 spaces against 124,000 candidates who scored C+ and above.
2019 KCSE Candidates your application window is now OPEN. Kindly keep your MPESA Message safe to update your application.
Before you make any application, please read these instructions carefully.
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen
- You have not benefited from Government Sponsorship before i.e You have not been placed by KUCCPS before
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab above. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab above.
- As you look through the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab. Enter the Programme Codes and Submit.
- An application processing fee of Ksh 1,500 is charged (Students who applied in school and paid Ksh 500 should pay only Ksh 1,000 to revise their choices.) A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear if you are revising/applying for the first time.
- Enter the Transaction Code and submit.
- The same Transaction Code will be required for any subsequent changes to your application. Therefore, you are advised to retain it.
How to Pay Using M-PESA
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
CAUTION! Do not make any payment before you follow the above processes or after the application deadline has passed!
Multiple Categories Consideration
When you apply to more than one category i.e. Degree, Diploma, Craft Certificate, Artisan Certificate, you can opt into having the two categories considered at the same time during processing. For example: If you apply for Diploma and Craft Certificate you will be considered for your Craft Certificate Application in case you miss out on your Diploma Application. If you opt out of this option only your Diploma application will be considered.
NOTE: If you are placed to the second category of your application you will not be recalled for subsequent revisions.